Wondering how to delete translations in TranslatePress? Or maybe even the entire plugin data?
TranslatePress saves your translations into the database – however, deleting the plugin won’t erase them (in order not to accidentally lose all your work).
How to delete translations in TranslatePress (and plugin data)
If you’re looking to delete all the translations and plugin data, you will have to access your database using a management tool like phpMyAdmin and manually delete the created tables, options, and meta keys.
Below are the exact steps you need to take to remove all plugin data (translations included) from your database:
1. Deleting the tables
Here is a list of all the tables which are created by TranslatePress:
- wp_trp_dictionary* – the dictionary tables contain manually or automatically translated strings
- wp_trp_gettext* – the gettext tables contain theme/plugin strings that already have a translation
- wp_trp_original_strings – the original strings table contains strings in the default language, without any translation
- wp_trp_original_meta – the original meta table contains meta information which refers to the post parent’s id
2. Deleting the options and meta keys
You can achieve this manually or by using the SQL queries mentioned below.
Here is a list of all the options and meta keys created by TranslatePress, along with the tables in which they are inserted:
- _postmeta table – meta keys inserted into the _postmeta table have the _trp_ prefix
- _termmeta table – meta keys inserted into the _termmeta table have the _trp_ prefix
- _options table – options inserted into the _options table have the trp_ prefix
- _usermeta table – meta keys inserted into the _usermeta table have the _trp_ prefix
In order to automatically delete all the data mentioned above, the following queries can be used:
delete from wp_options where option_name like 'trp_%';
delete from wp_termmeta where meta_key like '_trp_%';
delete from wp_postmeta where meta_key like '_trp_%';
delete from wp_usermeta where meta_key like '_trp_%';
Note: The default WordPress database prefix is wp_, replace it with your own database prefix.
By following the 2 steps above you’ll remove all existing translations and plugin data added by TranslatePress to your database.